Gun Clarification

I've had some emails that have taken me to task for my stance on guns. As a means of clarifying things, I must first say that I don't have a problem with guns and respect others' rights to have them. What I object to is a legislature that passes a law that allows patrons to carry weapons into establishments that serve alcohol. Hey, I have no objections to alcohol either. I just don't believe the alcohol and guns mix well.

I'm not suggesting that anyone's guns be taken away. What I am suggesting is that this law is one that eventually will come back to bite the legislature in the butt. Our representatives don't seem to be able to deal with laws that help society, but they are quick to enact ones that seem to be of little importance. Municipalities won't have to abide by the law, so perhaps local officials will use the good judgment that is lost on the legislature.

As I said before, I don't oppose guns, just dumb laws that endanger the general public.

No comments: